APTA has formally requested that all its chapters revise their bylaws as follows:
- Guide alignment with APTA bylaws.
- Address necessary compliance changes.
- Provide clarity in approach across the federated model.
- Contemporize the model bylaws framework and language.
- Highlight best practices while allowing for flexibility in accordance with state law and component practices.
In response to this directive, APTA Montana has diligently worked on amending its bylaws. These revisions necessitate a vote, which will take place during a meeting scheduled for October 7, Noon to 1:45pm. You may join us live at UMPT or remotely via Zoom (link has been emailed to you and can be found in the events section of this site). Member attendance is crucial as we will engage in comprehensive discussions before the voting process.
The proposed amendments are outlined in the provided document and encompass the subsequent modifications:
- Simplification and modernization of language.
- Update of membership categories (including PT, PTA, STU, and various DUES-related categories like lifetime and retired members).
- Provision allowing the Board to establish dues, while Montana will maintain its dues within its bylaws.
- Rearrangement of certain sections to a different article, without altering their content.
- Inclusion of language mandating an ethics committee or liaison.
- Replacement of language for the PTA Caucus Representative with APTA PTA Council representation. The term limit is increased from 2 terms to 3 consecutive terms.
- Addition of language introducing a Representative to the APTA Student Council and removes the student seats from the Board.
Your involvement is vital in shaping these amendments. Please make every effort to join us for the upcoming meeting to ensure your voice is heard during this significant decision-making process. Please see the document in the link for all changes, [note some sections were moved not newly created.]
Bylaw Amendments can be reviewed here